From The Archives
c. 1830 Greek Revival
Lowndesboro, Alabama 36752
No Contact Information.
This listing is archived and is not for sale.
Contact information is not available for archived listings.
MockingBird Place 1830sSPECIAL FEATURES:
• MockingBird Place is a fully restored preserved historic 1830s antebellum raised cottage house listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
• Comprehensive detail on MockingBird Place restoration was taken to maintain the original style, size and character to include the original doors, windows, heart pine floors, plaster walls, clap board siding and 6 fire places.
• New electric, plumbing, hvac and appliances were done between 2006 and 2008 that consists of a 200amp electric service, 2 heat pumps 2.5-ton and 3.5-ton, 50gal electric hot water, new septic system done to Health Dept. specifications, 4 wood fire places and 2 gas fire places, asphalt shingle roof. Owner will provide a one year basic plan American Home Shield home warrant.
• House consists of 4 large rooms upstairs divided by a wide gallery style hallway that leads from the front door to the rear door that leads out to a covered porch that runs the full width of the rear of the house. A staircase in the gallery hallway leads downstairs to the kitchen, dining area, den, full bath, laundry room and opens to a lower covered brick patio under the rear porch.
• Original detached cookhouse with fire place and wood shed accent the beautifully landscaped grounds
• 1,640+/- sq/ft 4 bay shop with a carriage house style architecture design. 12ft eves, rollup doors, concrete slab, 26ga steel roof, electricity and plumbing
Completely restored antebellum home located in the quite peaceful hamlet of Lowndesboro on a spacious 2.5+/- acre lot with large oaks and pecan trees. MockingBird Place is an important historical structure and is included in the 1934 Historic American Building Survey and is one of 37 historic structures listed on the National Register of Historic Homes in Lowndesboro. Historically important antebellum homes in good condition such as MockingBird Place rarely come up for sale and are a true national treasure.
Archived in April, 2013
Comments & Feedback
All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. OldHouses.com is not responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless.