OldHouses.com logo

From The Archives

Listing No. 6757

1895 Victorian: Queen Anne
Newport, OR



Burrows House Museum

Built in 1895 as a home for newlyweds Susan and John Burrows, both in their 60s. The house was originally located at Alder and the Coast Highway. At the time, it was isolated and surrounded by dense shore pine. Its location between the Bayfront and Nye Beach earned it the nickname "The Half-Way House." The Bank of Newport purchased the property and house in 1976 and donated the house to the Lincoln County Historical Society which moved the building to its current location next to the Log Cabin Museum. The building officially became a museum with an open house and dedication on Sunday, September 24, 1978.

Contact Information:

Phone: (541) 265-7509

www.oregoncoast.history.museum/burrowshouse.html

Tell 'em you saw it on OldHouses.com!

To view this listing go to:
www.oldhouses.com/6757

All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. OldHouses.com is not responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless.

©2021 Copley Internet Systems, Inc.