OldHouses.com logo

From The Archives

Listing No. 5384

1876 Second Empire Victorian
King William
San Antonio, TX



Edward Steves Homestead

This elegant three-story house, located in the King William Historic District on the east bank of the San Antonio River, was built in 1876 for Edward Steves, founder of the Steves Lumber Company. The design of the house has been attributed to Alfred Giles, a prominent San Antonio architect. The interior has retained many period details, including decorative paint work on the walls, and some original family furnishings. The property remained in the Steves family until 1952, when Mr. and Mrs. Curtis Vaughan (a Steves descendant) donated it to the San Antonio Conservation Society. Today, the Steves Homestead is interpreted as the home of a prosperous German immigrant family of Victorian era San Antonio.

Contact Information:

Phone: 210-225-5924

Edward Steves Homestead

Tell 'em you saw it on OldHouses.com!

To view this listing go to:
www.oldhouses.com/5384

All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. OldHouses.com is not responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless.

©2021 Copley Internet Systems, Inc.