OldHouses.com logo

From The Archives

Listing No. 24983

1815 Federal
Charlotte, NC





Historic Rosedale Plantation

Rosedale was built in 1815 by Archibald Frew, a merchant, postmaster and tax collector.

Archibald and his sister Sarah arrived in the village of Charlotte in the late 1790s. Archibald began making trips up the Philadelphia or Great Wagon Road to Philadelphia to bring goods into the backcountry. Soon he brought property and opened a store in the village. Business was good and in 1802 Archibald began to amass land in the Sugar Creek community.
Rosedale was built in 1815 by Archibald Frew, a merchant, postmaster and tax collector.

Archibald and his sister Sarah arrived in the village of Charlotte in the late 1790s. Archibald began making trips up the Philadelphia or Great Wagon Road to Philadelphia to bring goods into the backcountry. Soon he brought property and opened a store in the village. Business was good and in 1802 Archibald began to amass land in the Sugar Creek community.

Send a message to the Agent

Tell 'em you saw it on OldHouses.com!

To view this listing go to:
www.oldhouses.com/24983

All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. OldHouses.com is not responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless.

©2021 Copley Internet Systems, Inc.