From The Archives
1865 Victorian Italianate on 9 acres!
Scroll down for more information
|Heated Sq. Ft.||7,236|
- 1st Floor Bath
- 1st Floor Bedroom
- Dining room
- Entry Hall
- Finished Basement
- Laundry Room
- Living room
- Music Room
- Reader's Loft
- Utility Room
- Master bedroom downstairs
- Master bedroom upstairs
- 2 Car Garage
- Automatic outside lights
- Driveway - Paved
- Fresh paint
- Rear Deck
- Restored exterior
- Storage Building
- Built-in Bookcases
- Ceiling Fans
- Ceramic Tile
- Grand staircase
- Natural gas fireplace
- Original wood windows
- Walk-In Closets
- Wood floors
- Shingle Roof
- Central air
- City sewer
- City water supply
- Gas heating
- Security System
- Water Heater - Gas
- Claw-foot Tub(s)
- Widow's Walk
- Wrap-Around Porch
- 720 sq. ft. custom built cedar deck, overlooking the Black Earth Creek (Class A trout stream)
- 840 sq. ft. of front porch
- 9 acres of total property, over 600’ of stream banks, 4 acres open field, remainder woods
- Attached 3 car garage
- Beautiful garden, massive 140 year old pine tree, stately cedar-lined driveway
- Carriage House– approx. 2912 sq. ft., 3 bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms, loft area
- Carriage House– Rustic white oak and iron staircase, original beamed construction, cathedral ceilings, architecturally salvaged doors, Alloc laminate flooring
- four-person sauna, massage room
- Garden fountain, original 1865 smokehouse, 2 storage sheds
- Incredible ornamental woodwork, 200 urn-shaped redwood porch balusters, eastern white cedar handmade scroll-cut porch brackets, custom built octagonal porch columns
- Kitchen– Carriage House, solid cherry built custom cabinets with 7’ island
- Kitchen– Main House, gourmet custom kitchen, Silestone counters
- Main House– approx. 4324 sq. ft., 5 bedrooms, 7 full bathrooms, decorative tile, beautiful walnut curving staircase, original faux-grained woodwork, 2 formal parlors, fireplace, decorative plaster, library, main dining room
- Mechanicals: Completely updated. 4 energy efficient forced air furnaces, w/central air. New 200 amp electrical. 6 water heaters, new water service (1 1/2”), all new copper plumbing
- Restored to perfection, museum quality details
- Turn-key bed and breakfast– All furnishings, inventory negotiable.
- with tin ceiling, period wallpaper, southern pine and oak floors throughout
No Contact Information.
This listing is archived and is not for sale.
Contact information is not available for archived listings.
Magnificently Restored Historic Brick Victorian ItalianateThe year was 1865; the nation was mourning the loss of Abraham Lincoln, an eighteen-year-old boy named Edison was launching his career, and an enterprising barrel cooper from Milwaukee named William Thompson journeyed to Mazomanie and began building his stately home.
Financed by success with the Mazomanie Flour Mill, Thompson constructed an impressive Italianate home complete with an ornate wraparound veranda, eight-sided porch columns and scrolled brackets, second-story balcony, and widow's walk cupola. To impress business associates and peers, Thompson installed a beautiful curving staircase in the foyer, southern yellow pine floors in the parlor, and plenty of ornamental plasterwork.
Situated one block from the historic downtown of Mazomanie, WI, the home is steeped in local history. Having an extensive photographic record (original 1873 glass plate negatives are available) this home appears the same as it did in 1865! Located just 25 minutes from the Middleton/Madison area, (consistently listed as top places in the nation to live), no expense was spared in the exhaustive restoration.
Archived in January, 2020
Comments & Feedback
All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. OldHouses.com is not responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless.