303 Monroe Street, NW
Downtown Historic District
Warren, Ohio 44483
John Stark Edwards House Museum
The Edwards House is the oldest frame house in Warren, Ohio. This house museum of 19th century life serves as the headquarters of the Trumbull County Historical Society and is open to the public, 2-4, the first Sunday of every month, or the second Sunday when it conflicts with a national holiday. It is open for private tours by appointment.
Scroll down below the map for more information
The interior was restored and slightly modified in 1938 when it was donated to the Trumbull County Historical Society. In 1986 it was moved a few blocks north to its present location in the historic district. Mr. Edwards was a pioneer young lawyer who was named the first Recorder of Trumbull County in 1800, which comprised the whole Connecticut Western Reserve of 3 million acres of land. He built this house for his new bride Louisa Maria Morris of Vermont. They had 3 children with only one, William Edwards, living to maturity. Mr. Edwards met an untimely death in 1813 after having been elected to the United States House of Representatives in 1812. Only two other families lived in the house, Atty. Thomas Denny Webb, first publisher of a newspaper, "The Trump of Fame," and Dr. William Iddings who had married Laura Webb and whose children turned the house over to the State of Ohio. This house museum of 19th century life serves as the headquarters of the Trumbull County Historical Society and is open to the public, 2-4, the first Sunday of every month, or the second Sunday when it conflicts with a national holiday.
Archived in October, 2011
Comments & Feedback
All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. OldHouses.com is not responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless.