OldHouses.com logo

From The Archives

Listing No. 8518

c. 1916 Dutch Colonial
312 312 South Franklin St
Dunkirk, IN

2012

1940

2013

2013

Charles Smalley Home

Charles & Ruth Smalley built this Dutch Colonial in 1916. Mr. Smalley came to Dunkirk from Indianapolis IN, on business. When he got here he decided to stay. He married Ruth Brotherton in Jay co. they adopted 1 daughter Margaret. Mr. C. W. Smalley was one of the first Banker in Dunkirk, He and brother James started the first newspaper "The Dunkirk Review " he also was an investor of Indiana Glass. In 1915 C.W Smalley and a few other men helped financed the money to build MT. Tabor church in Dunkirk. The Smalley's were the high society of their day . In 2011,Indiana Glass was torn down, Darcy Brewer made sure to use the old late 1800's brick to construct the fence at her home as it was Symbolic to tie Indiana glass brick back to the home Mr. Charles Smalley built in 1916 as he was an investor of Indiana Glass in 1907 and for many years. Still to this day the home shows the history and style of wealth of the first family.

Bedrooms: 4
Full Bath(s): 1
Half Bath(s): 1

Heated Sq. Ft.: 2,700
Stories: 2

Lot Size: 1 & 2 Lot

To view this listing go to:
www.oldhouses.com/8518

All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. OldHouses.com is not responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless.

©2021 Copley Internet Systems, Inc.