From The Archives
Open To The Public
1740 Georgian Colonial
Scroll down for more information
In 1840, local investors purchased the intact core of the estate to transform the grounds into a rural cemetery. Still active today, Woodlands Cemetery retains two of Hamilton's 18th-century buildings, elaborate Victorian funerary monuments, curving green contours and majestic trees. This park-like setting was named a National Historic Landmark District in 2006 and provides an oasis of nature amid the bustling University City neighborhood.
Comments & Feedback
All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. OldHouses.com is not responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless.