From The Archives
1840's circa Farmhouse, New and Renovated Buildings
Scroll down for more information
No Contact Information.
This listing is archived and is not for sale.
Contact information is not available for archived listings.
Local and Regional Links.
The main house is 3200 sq. ft., with 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, L-shaped kitchen, dining room which has sliding door to the deck and sitting area, large living room with bay window 25' X 17', sun room 33 ft with french door and built-in fish pond , office, partial basement with small wine seller and pantry. Two (2) original staircases each leading to 2 bedroom and 1 bathroom, one bathroom has cast iron claw foot bath tub.
The first part of the house which is post and beamed construction. The second part, circa 1880 which has higher ceilings with crown molding which added 2 more bedroom and 1 bathroom to the house. The original summer kitchen is now a sitting area and wood storage. Above is the master bedroom 28' X 11' with cathedral ceiling.
The house has hand rubbed pine floors and was renovated to keep the maximum look and feel of the original house, with antique cast iron cook stove, pine kitchen, cupboards and exposed beams. The house is on the high point looking over pasture fields and orchards to the lake.
THE MAIN BARN with multilevel renovated used as retail space. Again, keeping all the original architecture plus adding new space with the same character. The sun room approximately 24' X 16' is the main entrance. This is a beautiful building.
NEW SECOND BARN again in pine board and battens. Measuring approximately 60' X 32'. The lower level set up as a mechanic shop. The second floor has a full size bar and opens on to a second floor deck looking over the fields and woods. We boast some of the finest sunset that can be seen anywhere. It also has a gym, a full washroom with whirl pool bath tub and a space for a bachelor apartment. Attached to this building is approximately 1000 sq.ft. that could be use for a drive shed, horses or storage.
100 FT.LONG 10 BAY COACH HOUSE with WASHROOM and a second FLOOR TOPPED WITH a BELL TOWER FINISH IN PINE BOARD AND BATTEN.
THE GREENHOUSE approximately 30' X 10' built 4 to 6 ft. into the ground. Cement block construction with heavy insulation, thermopane glazed and plumbed for water and electricity.
Located on the Loyalist Parkway just 6 minutes from the Glenora Ferry to Picton. Because of its location close to Picton, Bath, Napanee and Kingston there is excellent sailing, marinas,wineries and all amenities that the towns have to offer.
Archived in March, 2013
Comments & Feedback
All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. OldHouses.com is not responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless.