509 King William Street
San Antonio, Texas 78204
Edward Steves Homestead
This elegant three-story house, located in the King William Historic District on the east bank of the San Antonio River, was built in 1876 for Edward Steves, founder of the Steves Lumber Company. The design of the house has been attributed to Alfred Giles, a prominent San Antonio architect. The interior has retained many period details, including decorative paint work on the walls, and some original family furnishings. The property remained in the Steves family until 1952, when Mr. and Mrs. Curtis Vaughan (a Steves descendant) donated it to the San Antonio Conservation Society. Today, the Steves Homestead is interpreted as the home of a prosperous German immigrant family of Victorian era San Antonio.
All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. OldHouses.com is not responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless.