From The Archives
Open To The Public
c. 1889 Victorian
The house was the first residence west of the Missouri River to be wired for electricity during construction and still features seven of its original ten fireplaces, English golden oak paneling, hand carved woodwork, and a magnificent staircase that elegantly ascends to an authentic, Tiffany stained glass window.
The University of Nebraska-Kearney preserves, interprets and shares the cultural resources of the Frank House with present and future generations.
Visit us at 2010 University Drive, University of Nebraska-Kearney, 68849 during walk in hours, 2-5 Mon-Fri. and 12-5 Sat. No admission fee; donations appreciated. Arrangements for tours and for all large groups (eight or more people) are by reservation only and are also available outside of the regular museum walk-in hours.
Like This Listing?
Tell 'em you saw it on OldHouses.com!
Archived in September, 2009
Comments & Feedback
All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. OldHouses.com is not responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless.