The White-Meyer House, a red brick mansion adjacent to Meridian House, was built in 1911 by Ambassador Henry White and later purchased by Eugene Meyer, the owner of the Washington Post. The large rooms of this splendid building have been renovated and restored to their original glory. The main floor includes a spacious entry hall, sitting room, drawing room, library, and dining room, all of which are interconnected. The large drawing room overlooks the side garden. A majestic, columned terrace, accessible from the library and dining room, has a lovely view of Washington, particularly at night.
Archived in September, 2009
Comments & Feedback
All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. OldHouses.com is not responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless.