From The Archives
c. 1908 Italianate
Vintage beauty in historic Buckley
|Heated Sq. Ft.||2,720|
|Unheated Sq. Ft.||1,352|
- 1st Floor Bath
- 1st Floor Laundry Room
- Breakfast Room
- Dry Basement
- 2 Car Garage
- Built-in Bookcases
- Grand staircase
- 10-foot Ceilings
- Claw-foot Tub(s)
- Stained Glass Windows
- Wrap Around Porch
No Contact Information.
This listing is archived and is not for sale.
Contact information is not available for archived listings.
This beautiful vintage home has been lovingly restored and upgraded to retain its turn-of-the-century charm. Built in 1903-1910 of solid old-growth framing on concrete, the home exhibits detailed, quality custom carpentry throughout.
General Features and Upgrades;
- .89-acre beautifully landscaped grounds. A veritable arboretum intimately enclosed within a small forest of trees.
- Oversized two-car detached garage.
- Home has 2,720 heated square feet, plus 390-square-foot garage conversion, 182-square-foot root cellar and 780-square-foot unfinished dry basement.
- Ten-foot ceilings.
- Massive custom beam work.
- Restored/upgraded in late 1980s--walls, plumbing, electrical, phone lines, central vaccuum.
- Double-paned Pella windows.
- Gas forced-air furnace and water heater (both new in 2008) thermal efficient; dishwasher and gas range both new in 2007.
- View of foothills; partial view of Mt. Rainier.
- Foyer and front parlor with custom tile work, vintage armoire, and beautiful solid wood staircase.
- Spacious formal living and dining rooms infused in light, with mantled fireplace and stained/leaded glass windows.
- Library with built-in shelving.
- Kitchen adjoins a charming keeping room with Vermont Castings Stove and handpainted murals of the English countryside over the banquette.
- 3/4 bathroom.
- Utility room.
- Attached sunroom and greenhouse.
- Root cellar, basement and garage conversion.
- 4 bedrooms.
- Master ensuite with authentic clawfoot tub with brass fittings, vintage armoire.
- Adjoining/shared 3/4 bathroom.
- Attic electricity wired on separate circuit, ready to finish.
- Picturesque and functional restored barn with electricity. Cedar on concrete. 1,130 square feet of dry storage on two floors.
- Trees: Cedar, pine, sprice, fir, maple, holly, wisteria, eucalyptus, some 100+ years old.
- Fruit trees: Plum, quince, apple, cherry, pear, flowering cherry.
- Laurel hedge, rhody wall, and mature gardens with flowers, herbs, berries, garlic, onions, etc.
- Ponds with goldfish and koi, inspired by Claude Monet's gardens at Giverny.
- Home to robins, blue jays, sparrows, hummingbirds, garden snakes, squirrels. Occasional visits by Great Blue Heron, deer, hawk, bunnies.
- Located in historic Buckley, a former coal mining town formed in 1875. With a total area of 4.1 square miles and a (2004) population of 4,510, the town has many original restored buildings and still retains its quaint, small-town atmosphere (www.city of buckley.com).
- Walk to elementary/middle schools (www.whiteriver.wednet.edu), bank, post office, drug store, auto shop, restaurants.
- Foothills Trail 1 block away (www.co.pierce.wa.us/pc/abtus/ourorg/parks/foothillstrail.htm).
- River at north end of street.
- Driving times:
. Mt. Peak hiking 10 minutes (www.nps.gov/mora/planyourvisit/day-hikes.htm).
. Crystal Mountain Ski Resort 45 minutes (www.skicrystal.com).
. Tacoma 38 minutes (www.cityoftacoma.org).
. Seattle 56 minutes (www.seattle.gov).
. Enumclaw 10 minutes, Bonney Lake shopping 10 minutes.
Archived in February, 2013
Comments & Feedback
All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. OldHouses.com is not responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless.