OldHouses.com logo

Listing No. 4876

Large homes, estates, and compounds
Prev Next # 32 of 44

Back to List

New Search

Nearest Listings

From The Archives

Plantation

Windsor Plantation
Georgetown, South Carolina 29440

Overseer’s House of Windsor Plantation

Front Porch and Magnificant Oaks
Front Porch and Magnificant Oaks
A true piece of American history. Built in the 1750’s, this was the Overseer’s House & is the last remaining structure from the Windsor Plantation. There is also a separate Guest House, the original slave kitchen & a workshop. The property consists of 4 acres of natural beauty. There are magnificent oak trees,draped with moss depicting a true plantation of the south. The owners have taken great care in protecting the character & quality of this home. A remarkably beautiful piece of history.
Scroll down for more information
Picture Yourself
Picture Yourself
Living Room
Living Room
Dining Room
Dining Room
Main Hall
Main Hall
Master Bedroom
Master Bedroom
Kitchen
Kitchen

Features.

  • 1st Floor Bath
  • 1st Floor Bedroom
  • 1st Floor Laundry Room
  • Attic
  • Breakfast Room
  • Crawl Space
  • Den
  • Dining room
  • Kitchen
  • Laundry Room
  • Living room
  • Utility Room
  • Master bedroom downstairs
  • Dormers
  • Guest House
  • Patio
  • Pond
  • Porch
  • Storage Building
  • Workshop
  • Ceiling Fans
  • Ceramic Tile
  • Fireplaces
  • Gas Logs
  • Original wood windows
  • Walk-In Closet(s)
  • Wood floors
  • Central air
  • City water supply
  • Dishwasher
  • Heat pump
  • Range
  • Refrigerator
  • Water Heater - Electric
  • Sleeping Porch
  • Stained Glass Window(s)
  • Transoms
  • Wrap-Around Porch

No Contact Information.

This listing is archived and is not for sale.

Contact information is not available for archived listings.

A true piece of American history and very rare find.

This home is the remaining structure from the Windsor Plantation. Built in the 1750’s, this home is the original Overseer’s home of the original Plantation. There is also a separate Guest House and the original slave kitchen. Windsor, a word which means “Winding Shore” was suitable for this setting along the banks of twisting, curling Black River. The river property has since been sold and this property overlooks a private pond. The grounds consist of 4 acres of natural beauty. There are magnificent oak trees, hundreds of years old, with moss draped limbs depicting the true plantation of the south. Along with the trees, there is the original well, the long winding driveway which truly defines this picturesque setting. The owners have taken great care in protecting the character and quality of this home. The main house has three bedrooms and two full baths. The formal Dining and Living Rooms are gracious as you enter from the large low country porch. Both rooms have a fireplace, hardwood floors and original glass windows. The master suite, on the first floor, is large and gracious with hardwood floors, his and her walk-in closets, fireplace and large master bath complete with double sinks and large soaking tub. The kitchen, which was remodeled in 2007, has granite countertops, new appliances and hardwood floors. There is an incredible Carolina room located on the back of the home with immense built in bookcases, hardwood floors and windows wrapped completely around to enjoy the natural beauty of the pond and some of the most impressive oak trees you can imagine. Also on the main living level is a large screened porch overlooking the well, patio and pond. The second floor has two magnificent bedrooms with hardwood floors, one with a fireplace. The upstairs bath is large and has an immense whirlpool tub. Adjacent from the Main House is the Guest House. It has brick floors throughout with a full kitchen, full bath, fireplace and large screened porch overlooking the pond. Also separate from the Main House is the original slave kitchen which has been kept in tack and adds to the gracious history of the southern, working plantation. This piece of history is located just 10 minutes from Historic Downtown Georgetown and the waterfront. First settled in 1526 by the Spaniards, Georgetown was the first settlement in North America. The settlement failed because of a hurricane and Indian attacks and was later established in 1726 in honor of King George II. This town, seat of the county, was once an important international port, serving the area’s once-thriving rice plantations. Today, several marinas cater to traffic on the Intracoastal Waterway and the old docks along the waterfront have been converted into Harborwalk. The newly rebuilt town waterfront is simply bursting with shore side attractions, including a potpourri of fine restaurants and interesting shops. Sixteen blocks of the downtown area are listed on the National Historic Register. Residents find a quiet, beautiful, and historic town waiting to greet them.

Archived in February, 2013

Comments & Feedback

All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. OldHouses.com is not responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless.

Listing No. 4876

Large homes, estates, and compounds
Prev Next # 32 of 44

Back to List

New Search

Nearest Listings

Your Feedback

Help & Support.

Return to Top
Pinterest
[X]