c. 1846 Federal
Middletown, Delaware 19709
The Former Brick House Restaurant
This 1846 property was a residence, a former restaurant, an antique shop and has a history that goes back almost 200 years. It is located in the Middletown Historic District and oozes class and authenticity. The 'Brick House Restaurant', was in business for many years of fine dining.
The mid 19th century Federal style building with Italianate-style, low-hip roof and medallion cornices has a 2 story side porch with ornate rod iron porch trim and decorative lintels above the windows. The mixed-use history of the property is evident throughout, There is no formal kitchen but has a host of residential and commercial attributes.
The possibilities are endless with its C-2 zoning to possibly open up a retail business on the first floor and convert the upper floors into apartments or it can be restored back to its original function as a private home.
This is a corner lot that has additional parking on N. Scott Street however the rear yard could easily be converted into parking spaces. This property was fully restored back in the 1970's. A 203 K renovation could be possible in this situation.
|Heated Sq. Ft.
|10,454 sq. ft.
- Wood floors
- Cast Iron Radiators
- Vintage Hardware
- Corner Lot
- Second floor porch
Comments & Feedback
All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. OldHouses.com is not responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless.