For Sale at Auction
1905 Georgian Revival
Latta, South Carolina 29565
Successfully Operating Historic Inn & Restaurant
Auction Ends Dec. 14th
AUCTION: Starting Bid $650k/Last Asking Price $1.29M - Historic Abingdon Manor Inn & Restaurant is a 20+ year AAA Four Diamond Award Winner and has seen consistent annual revenue increases. Online Bidding December 6th - 14th at 11:00 am ET at TargetAuction.com.
Scroll down for more information
|Heated Sq. Ft.||10,000|
- Commercial Use Permitted
- Furnishings Included
- 1st Floor Bath
- 1st Floor Bedroom
- Circular driveway
- Driveway - Paved
- Guest House
- Restored exterior
- AAA Four Diamond Award Winner 20+ Years
- Annual Revenues Increased 17.2% in 2020 & 2021
- Inn & Restaurant are Selling Fully Furnished
- Just off I-95 halfway between NYC & Palm Beach
- Online Bidding December 6th-14th at 11 AM ET
- Personal Residence/Remain Boutique Hotel
- Property Tours Available (See Website for Dates)
Like This Listing?
Contact the Agent directly.
Target Auction Company
Tell 'em you saw it on OldHouses.com!
More About This HouseAUCTION: Starting Bid $650k/Last Asking Price $1.29M.
Target Auction Company proudly presents Abingdon Manor Inn and Restaurant at Online Auction. Truly stunning, this gem is one of only a few AAA Four Diamond Inns & Restaurants, Select Registry, and Distinctive Inns of North America properties within South Carolina and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Set amidst 3.13± acres of lush, manicured grounds, this celebrated boutique hotel offers uncrowded neatly appointed accommodations featuring high-end amenities, and pampered hospitality while the restaurant serves the most exquisite cuisine in the Carolinas. This Greek Revival-styled grand inn is the only full-service country inn within close proximity to Interstate 95 and is located in the heart of the charming, safe village of Latta (Florence), SC.
• This magnificent property could be a personal residence or continue operating as the established boutique hotel it has successfully operated for 25 years.
• The Inn & Restaurant are selling fully furnished
• The last asking price is less than the business valuation.
• The annual revenues have increased 17.2% in 2020 and 24.21% in 2021.
• Its convenient location is just off of I-95 halfway between NYC and Palm Beach.
• The 10,000± SF luxurious accommodations feature 7 oversized guest rooms (4 newly renovated) with private bathrooms and fireplaces.
• There’s onsite extraordinary fine dining cuisine.
• The Inn has elegant public areas, unparalleled service, and a separate owners’ cottage on the property.
• The 3± acres of landscaped grounds with in-ground irrigation and well, garden patios, and verandas are located in an “Opportunity Zone” providing for capital gains tax incentives.
• The Inn is a member of Select Registry, Distinguished Inns of North America with ideal expansion possibilities for an events/wedding venue offering well-trained, dedicated staff (some over 20 years) that provide ongoing operational support.
• The Inn has become known as a safe and healthy place to stay with enhanced protocols and an ion air purification system (significant increase in revenue during the pandemic).
• The National Registry property includes opulent architectural details with 40 exterior columns and a 2,000± SF wrap-around veranda.
From The New York Times: "The Abingdon Manor, a 10,000 square-foot boutique hotel in the town of Latta, S.C., regularly hosts snowbirds because of its convenient location — halfway between New York and Palm Beach, Fla., and just off Interstate 95..."
10% Buyer's Premium.
Please Review All Posted Documents at TargetAuction.com. Have Questions? Call 800-476-3939.
Target Auction Company is a premier marketing firm with proven ability to provide certainty when selling valuable real estate throughout the U.S. using our streamlined process. We highly recommend our platform for your selling and buying needs. JR Dixon Auction & Realty, LLC - SC RE #8450.
HistoryAbingdon Manor in Latta is also known as the Manning House for its original owner, James H. Manning, who served as Dillon County’s first state senator when the county was established in 1910. Manning, a wealthy planter, began construction on this opulent manse in 1902. The project, which includes 10,000 interior square feet, took three years to complete, and the columns on the porches – which number 40 – were made from trees on the surrounding property.
The home remained with the Mannings until 1970 when it was sold and used as a bridal shop. In 1992 the manse changed hands again, this time becoming a bed-and-breakfast called the Manning House for the original owners. The current owners purchased the business three years later and changed the name to reflect that of an estate near Oxford, England.
Latta Historic District #1 consists of approximately fifty-five properties which define and contribute to the character of the historic district. All of the properties were constructed between ca. 1890 and ca. 1930. The district is primarily residential, mostly one- to two-story frame residences with late Victorian era details. The district contains several fine local interpretations of late Victorian era construction styles. In addition, the district has examples of local usage of neo-classical details and more sophisticated examples of the Neo-Classical style. Early twentieth-century bungalows illustrate the development of the area during the early century.
Comments & Feedback
All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. OldHouses.com is not responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless.