Glasgow, Virginia 24555
Scroll down for more information
|Heated Sq. Ft.||4,413|
|Unheated Sq. Ft.||1,426|
|Assessed Tax Value|
- 2 Car Garage
- Built-in Cabinets
- Wood floors
- 3 Car Garage
- Paneled walls
More About This HouseBuilt in the late 18th century, the mansion has undergone renovations, restoration and additions while maintaining its original architectural integrity. 22+ acres offer space for horses, orchards, gardens & public gatherings. The elegant grounds present several buildings including a barn, spacious equipment building and a quaint unfinished office or guest house. Located in the southern end of Rockbridge County, Fancy Hill has easy access to I-81 & Rt 11 — perfect for public events.Close by is a cidery, brewery, winery, the Main Gait Horse Center, the Buddhist Center, Natural Bridge (now a State Park), the Natural Bridge Zoo and the Safari Park. This majestic and historical homestead is only 10 minutes from downtown Lexington.
4,413 sq ft, 4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2 half baths. A guest suite over the garage awaits renovation.
There are 10 fireplaces -- all lined!!
All of the brick mansions comprising the Seven Hills are currently on the National Register of Historic Places.
Recent Improvements• All new mortar in brick. Chinking includes mortar joint as original and colored“Flamingo C-81” as original. $205,000
• New roof with hand-made slate (Supra slate) $75,000
• New Copper gutter and downspouts - 14 gauge. $21,500
• Exterior cornice. Hand-built material as original. $15,000
• All electrical replaced. 600 amp service. $30,500
• All new plumbing and fixtures. Replaced with copper. $24,900
• Rerouted all electrical and phone lines underground. No lines on property— all underground. $8,500
• Interior wallpapering. 4 rooms hand painted. $19,000
• Interior painting— all old paint stripped in inside and outside. $25,000
• All hardware replaced. Solid brass hinges, solid brass ball bearing. All hardware, hinges, solid brass polished plus additions of 7 handmade Colonial Williamsburg
exterior locks. $38,000
• Plantation shutters and inside additions. $18,390
Additional Improvements• Plantation shutters and inside additions. $18,390
• Insulation, new throughout. $4,500
• Plaster replaced. 3 coats of plaster plus wood lathed. $15,900
• New gas boiler. 500 gallon underground tank. Old oil furnace has 1,000 gallon underground tank if ever needed. $12,400.
• All chimneys relined with copper caps. $29,700
All new electrical exteriors, hand-made reproduction. $23,888
• Four original fixtures, rewired and restored. $11,100
Additional improvements• Kitchen cabinets. House Front just primed and painted. All barn roofs being painted, partly finished. Rear of house and one side to be primed and painted when weather permits. All appliances only 4 years old. $4,850
• Custom drapes. Labor $9,000 Material $9,500
• Refinished floor. Original Heart Pine floors sanded and finished. $5,500
Comments & Feedback
All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. OldHouses.com is not responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless.