OldHouses.com logo

Listing No. 31272

Advanced Search
Prev Next # 19 of 35

Back to List

New Search

Nearest Listings

For Sale

$ 680,000

1848 Federal

248 South Memphis Street
Holly Springs, Mississippi

Burton Place

''Burton Place''- Circa 1848. Beautifully restored Virginia style Federal and Greek Revival antebellum home on 2.8 acres. Four bedrooms, 3 baths, 7 fireplaces, cooks kitchen, gorgeous heart of pine floors throughout, 14 feet ceilings, exquisite hand painted wallpaper in entry hall and drawing room, gorgeous light fixtures, spacious formal living with large double windows, dining room hand painted mural on ceiling and built in china cabinet , large entry hall, updated bathrooms and kitchen, sunroom, large back porch. Two staircases. The iron fence surrounding the property has Fleur D'Lis motif on the top was manufactured in Holly Springs, the home was called ''Fleur D'Lis'' for many years. The brick work on the front of the house is Flemish Bond. Exceptional home and grounds. A must See!
~More About The History Of The Home: Burton Place was built in1848 by the Burton’s ,natives of Virginia. The brick work in the front of the home is Flemish bond rarely found here,
The home has rare French Zuber murals called Villafrench. The murals are found in the entry,the upstairs landing, the center hall, dining room.
The entry hall has lovely transom windows and side lights.
The Parlour paint color is original to the home. The original carpet in the parlour was imported from England and restored .The chandelier is an American gasolier which came from a home in Holly Springs. There is a Chickering piano in the parlour .
The parlour, and the downstairs bedroom have transom lights along with double sets of windows for ventilation. The home has lovely period furnishings and draperies.Many furnishings are original to the home.
The downstairs bedroom was called the Sam Houston room. He was a Texas President, General , and later a US Senator. He was a relative of the Burton’s.
The iron fence surrounding the property was originally placed around the courthouse .in 1920 Mrs. Burton purchased it and installed it at Burton Place.The fleur d’s lis motif found at the top of the fencing was the reason for the secondary name of the home Fleur D’Lis .
This property sits on a 2.8 acre city lot in a charming historical town 45 minutes from Memphis TN and 30 minutes away from Oxford, MS., and one hour to Tupelo,MS.

View Agent's Property Page

See a virtual tour of this property

Bedrooms 4
Full Baths 3
Heated Sq. Ft. 5,178
Acres 2.8
MLS No. 10094763

Features.

  • Sunroom
  • Outbuildings
  • Built-in Cabinets
  • Fireplaces
  • Wood floors
  • French doors
  • Transoms
  • Vintage Light Fixtures
  • Wrought Iron Fence
  • Back Porch
  • Wall Murals

Like This Listing?

Contact the Agent directly.

Crye-Leike, Inc.

Marty McClatchy photo Marty McClatchy

Mobile: (901) 652-7980
Office: (901) 757-2500

martymcclatchy.crye-leike.com

Tell 'em you saw it on OldHouses.com!

Comments & Feedback

All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. OldHouses.com is not responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless.

Listing No. 31272

Advanced Search
Prev Next # 19 of 35

Back to List

New Search

Nearest Listings

Like This Listing?

Contact the Agent directly.

Crye-Leike, Inc.

Marty McClatchy photo Marty McClatchy

Mobile: (901) 652-7980
Office: (901) 757-2500

martymcclatchy.crye-leike.com

Tell 'em you saw it on OldHouses.com!

Your Feedback

Help & Support.

Return to Top
Pinterest
[X]