c. 1880 Queen Anne Shingle Style
To preserve its architectural integrity, the original windows were restored, chimneys rebuilt, roof replaced, each porch was reconstructed from the ground up; the entire envelope was replaced with western red cedar shingles and clapboards and mahogany mouldings were custom cut -- all to historical accuracy.
Included in the restoration was extensive foundation repairs, the removal of an unsupported cantilevered addition at the second story along the driveway and the installation of concrete basement slab with a perimeter wall interior drainage system.
The interior original features on the main floor include:
- four (4) fireplaces,
- central staircase off the Main Hall entry with built-in cupboards,
- stained glass windows; wooden pocket doors at Dining Room;
- swinging French doors to the Breakfast Room;
- the Study which was Dr. Ford’s office includes sliding French doors,
- bay window with leaded stain glass windows;
- original crown and chair rail mouldings in the Main Hall and Living Room.
Main floor rooms include Dining Room, Living Room, Main Hall, Study, Kitchen and Breakfast Room. Half bath, closets and storage space are incorporated off the East Entry adjacent to the kitchen.
The second floor includes an expanded Master Bedroom Suite with a double full bath and walk-in closet, four additional bedrooms, one with a fireplace, laundry room, and a third full bath.
The third floor was designed to be an Office with additional storage space.
Additionally, the following items have been installed:
- underground electric service, upgraded to 200 amps,
- two (2) double-walled Roth oil tanks,
- septic tank,
- storm water catchment system with manifold and four (4) collection points --the concrete tank for the system is located immediately west of the garage, and
- new retaining stone wall along the driveway.
This home is being sold, ‘As Is’.
|Heated Sq. Ft.||3,901|
|Unheated Sq. Ft.||3,901|
- 1 Car Garage
- Built-in Bookcases
- Built-in Cabinets
- 4 Fireplaces
- Wood floors
- French doors
- Pocket Doors
- Stained Glass Windows
Comments & Feedback
All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. OldHouses.com is not responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless.