1857 Federal/Greek Revival
The Bank House
However, the House of Representatives repealed the incorporation of the Bank of Milford in 1852 due to allegations of fraud by three of the shareholders. Reynolds had not yet finished the Bank House by this point, but Shannon was forced to terminate the contract before selling the building to the Farmers Bank of Delaware. In 1865 the FBD would later sell the incomplete house to Dr. James R. Mitchell, who converted the house into a residence and medical office.
The house would pass through many hands over the years, eventually coming into the possession of Charles Parker, an antique collector and dear friend. In his will, Parker left the house in the care of his close friend and neighbor Mike Rivera. The owners Mike and Denise joined forces to bring this historic home back to its previous grandeur and open it to the public to be enjoyed by all who appreciate the history and tales this home has to share. A binder will be available with all the renovation information that includes new windows (58), systems, etc.
All rooms have access to common areas on the first and third floors, as well as the exterior of the house. This includes the libraries on the first and third floors, the various sitting rooms, the parlor, the dining room, the pool and gardens. Sellers are currently operating as a B&B. You can check out the website at BankHouseMilford.com.
Delaware has an abundance of local breweries, wineries, and distilleries that are always willing to host tours and tastings. From the famous Dogfish Head brewery in Milton, to the 16 Mile Brewing Company in Georgetown, to the local Mispillion River Brewing Company right here in Milford, there is a place to fit any palette. The downtown offers a variety of locally owned shops, art galleries, coffee shops and theatre. Just a short distance away is the beach and outlet shopping.
Building in the back is currently one car garage with workshop (for upholstery business), office and 1/2 bath.
|Heated Sq. Ft.||5,852|
|9,776 sq ft lot|
- Commercial Use Permitted
- Pool - In Ground
- Garage Workshop
- Built-in Bookcases
- Wood floors
- Stained woodwork/doors
- Vintage light fixtures
- Outstanding wall/ceiling decoration
Like This Listing?
Contact the Agent directly.
Keller Williams Realty Central DE
Phone: (302) 677-0020
Mobile: (302) 423-0223
Tell 'em you saw it on OldHouses.com!
Comments & Feedback
All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. OldHouses.com is not responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless.