c. 1730 Federal
Historic District Chestertown
Geddes Piper House
- Stately, brick Federal, ca.1730, residence is in FINE preserved condition.
- Architecturally pure.
- Upon entering, one experiences the serenity.
- Situated on quiet street in heart of Chestertown’s Historic District.
- One full bath. Opportunities for more.
- Four plus bedrooms.
- High ceilings. Handsome 18c. woodwork, trim & hardware.
- Original random width pine floors.
- Twelve over twelve original windows.
- Inviting entrance hall with gently rising stairway to third floor. Shadow rails.
- Charming kitchen with random-width pine floor & fireplace.
- Nine fireplaces.
- Basement with brick floor & original fireplace for cooking.
- Gracious separate dining room with fireplace.
- Third floor 15'x24' “library” with fireplace.
- Central air conditioning.
- Lovely tree-shaded urban garden, brick floored porch & brick paths.
- Live theater, specialty shops, galleries, Center of the Arts, Washington College,
|Heated Sq. Ft.||3,246|
|3,610 Sq. Ft.|
- Built-in Bookcases
- Built-in Cabinets
- 9 Fireplaces
- High Ceilings
- Back porch
- Vintage hardware
- Wide plank wood floors
Comments & Feedback
All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. OldHouses.com is not responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless.