OldHouses.com logo

Off Market

Listing No. 29643

1868 Former Hotel
Jefferson, TX









From Jefferson's Golden Era

This legendary, historic two story building is a portion of an early (circa 1869) building constructed by General Mabry for a four story hotel in Jefferson's heyday when it was a port of entry into Texas.

Most of the original structure was destroyed by a fire in the 1870s and the present building was saved and used as a place of residence for many years by the Haywood family descendants. Today, this solid structure with very thick, brick walls is used as a single family townhouse.

This property has much potential having about 117 feet of frontage on Market Street with access easements on the north and east boundaries. It has approximately 2,000 square feet of open space outside and about 6,000 square feet of floor space inside. This property provides an investment opportunity as a single family townhouse with the first level having retail space.

The property also can be converted into second level apartments with first level retail. This is all within walking or golf cart distance to all of the assets of Jefferson's Historic Riverfront District.
Bedrooms: 2
Full Bath(s): 2
Half Bath(s): 1

Heated Sq. Ft.: 5,600
Lot Size: 6,534 Sq. Ft.

Contact Information:

Jefferson Realty

Laurel DeWare photo Laurel DeWare

Phone: (903) 665-2567
Mobile: (903) 738-3584

jefferson-realty.com

Tell 'em you saw it on OldHouses.com!

Features.

  • Has Rentable Unit(s)
  • Commercial Property
  • Arched doorways
  • High Ceilings
  • Tin Ceiling(s)
  • Vintage light fixtures
  • Second floor balcony

To view this listing go to:
www.oldhouses.com/29643

All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. OldHouses.com is not responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless.


©2020 Copley Internet Systems, Inc.