For Sale By Owner
c. 1830 Federal
Like This Listing?
Seller Contact Information
Phone: 434 422-7480
Tell 'em you saw it on OldHouses.com!
1) less than 20 miles from Charlottesville, VA.
2) less that 50 miles from Richmond, VA.
3) less that 9 miles from I64
4) less than 1 mile to full grocery store.
5) 1/4 mile to gas station and village of Palmyra
6) public schools rated above average for Virginia
7) Riding facility on the property, fully functional and close to equestrian circuit
Battle of Trevilian Station
The Shepherds built this house for judge William Shephard. Patriarch Abram’s son, Frank was shot and killed in the run up to the War Between the States. Judge James O Shepherd was a putative confederate spy, and was present at the surrender of the Army of Northern Virginia at Appamattock courthouse.
During the TreviIian cavalry battle, Mountain View’s second house was a Confederate officers’ headquarters for a battle field hospital, and Mountain View main house served as a rehabilitation hospital for convalescing troops on both sides.
Comments & Feedback
All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. OldHouses.com is not responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless.