c. 1875 Colonial
Chester Township, New Jersey
Colonial Bank House
- 1st Floor Laundry Room
- Dining room
- Laundry Room
- Living room
- Master bedroom upstairs
- Driveway - Paved
- 1 Outbuilding
- Pool - In Ground
- Storm Windows
- 3 Fireplaces: Wood
- Wood floors
- Shingle Roof: Asphalt shingle
- Hand-hewn Beams
- Plaster Walls
- 1st floor Den/office with closet
- 1st floor full bath
- 1st floor Laundry room
- All brick exterior
- New 3 BR septic!
- Patio off Kitchen plus Gazeebo in yard
- Updated eat in Kitchen
Local and Regional Links.
Chester areaChester, New Jersey is known for it's historic downtown with antique shops, restaurants and other stores. Nearby are several farms offering local produce. There are numerous town and county parks in the area. A town pool is located behind the Bragg school. Chester is accessible by Routes 124, Route 206 and CR 513. There is always something happening in Chester with it's fairs, festivals, annual craft fair, peach festival and more!
HistoryThis property was originally called Pleasant Hill Farm and consisted of over 100 acres owned by William Larison, an early settler of Chester Township. William Larison emigrated from Denmark in the early 1800s. His land extended between the Black River and the south branch of the Raritan River. His grandson, James Larison, took down the original house in 1857 and built the present home closer to the road.
Completely renovated about 2013
• Includes: Stainless steel appliances (duel fuel stove)
• 144 sq. ft. Soapstone counter space
• Custom distressed Ash Cabinetry
• Copper Hammered Farm sink, matching copper pulls on cabines
• Stainless Farm sink in “Butler’s” Kitchen
• Oil Bronze light fixtures and faucets
• Stone backsplashes coordinating with the Original stone exposed walls throughout the house.
• Freshly painted in 2018
• Pumpkin pine floor refinished in 2013
New 4 Bedroom septic installed 2016
New Well 2016
Comments & Feedback
All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. OldHouses.com is not responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless.