From The Archives
c. 1865 Farmhouse
The Thomas & Latitia Gluyas House
Historic restored New South era c 1865 two-story traditional NC farm home, on almost 3 acres, 20 minutes from Uptown Charlotte
Scroll down for more information
No Contact Information.
This listing is archived and is not for sale.
Contact information is not available for archived listings.
Enjoy a part of history! The Thomas & Latitia Gluyas House, built c. 1865, is representative of the 2-story frame farmhouses built in rural Mecklenburg County in the ante-bellum era.
Completely renovated and restored to current standards while maintaining the integrity of the architecture. The property is designated as a Historic Landmark by the CharMeck Historic Landmark Commission as well as being included on the National Register of Historic Places.
The home has a living room, den, dining room, master bedroom, and secondary bedroom on the main floor, and 2 bedrooms upstairs. Situated on 2.8 acres, the property includes a 2 car garage, 20’x20’ flagstone patio, a fenced rear yard, two dog runs, and two running yards for dogs. The front yard is mostly wooded, primarily with dogwoods and mature azaleas - hence the nickname “Dogwood Acres”, and the rear yard is mostly open lawns. A substantial stand of old-growth oaks makes up most of the Eastern half of the property. The property can be enjoyed from either the covered front porch or the covered rear porch. The property is located near historic Latta Plantation Park and Mountain Island Lake, yet convenient to Charlotte and the amenities thereof.
Archived in November, 2012
All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. OldHouses.com is not responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless.