From The Archives
1933 Art Moderne
Former John S. Davidson School building
29 classrooms (20x30)
Zoned B-2 General Business
Brick Veneer over concrete block
Some original historic metal windows
Borders Third Level of the historic Augusta Canal
Near other significant historic properties including Sacred Heart Cultural Center and the Boyhood Home of President Woodrow Wilson
Constructed in 1933 by Scroggs and Ewing, this Art Moderne style building was named in honor of John Sheldon Davidson, who is considered the father of public education in Richmond County. The building has been vacant since 1997 when it was replaced by the current Davidson Fine Arts Magnet School. Ideally located between the downtown business district and the medical community. As a contributing resource in the Augusta Downtown Historic District, it is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It is also located along the historic Augusta Canal.
No Contact Information.
This listing is archived and is not for sale.
Contact information is not available for archived listings.
Archived in August, 2013