OldHouses.com logo

Listing No. 9546

Prev Next # 2 of 10

of the list
Features: Threatened

Back to List

New Search

From The Archives

1933 Art Moderne

Augusta Downtown
Augusta, Georgia

Former John S. Davidson School building

Main entrance
Main entrance
Telfair Street entrance of former Davidson School
37,198 square foot building
29 classrooms (20x30)
Zoned B-2 General Business
Brick Veneer over concrete block
Some original historic metal windows
Borders Third Level of the historic Augusta Canal
Near other significant historic properties including Sacred Heart Cultural Center and the Boyhood Home of President Woodrow Wilson


Constructed in 1933 by Scroggs and Ewing, this Art Moderne style building was named in honor of John Sheldon Davidson, who is considered the father of public education in Richmond County. The building has been vacant since 1997 when it was replaced by the current Davidson Fine Arts Magnet School. Ideally located between the downtown business district and the medical community. As a contributing resource in the Augusta Downtown Historic District, it is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It is also located along the historic Augusta Canal.
Eastern facade
Eastern facade
View of eastern facade from Telfair Street of former Davidson School building
Rear view of former Davidson School building
Stories 2
Acres 1.7
  • Threatened

No Contact Information.

This listing is archived and is not for sale.

Contact information is not available for archived listings.

Archived in August, 2013

Comments & Feedback

All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. OldHouses.com is not responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless.

Listing No. 9546

Prev Next # 2 of 10

of the list
Features: Threatened

Back to List

New Search

Your Feedback

Help & Support.

Return to Top
Pinterest
[X]