From The Archives
Chester Landmark Property
Scroll down for more information
No Contact Information.
This listing is archived and is not for sale.
Contact information is not available for archived listings.
Beautiful Antique Colonial on Jennings Pond in Chester
A very special and rare offering in the Village of Chester. A 1790 Colonial, once known as the “House of the Seven War Widows”, has 11 rooms with high ceilings, 3 Fireplaces (one of which is the original fireplace with beehive oven in the Keeping Room), original wide board chestnut floors on the first floor and hard pine on the second floor. There are 2 3 Season enclosed porches; one of which runs the full length of the South side of the house overlooking the Pattaconk Brook and the second porch is on the North side of the house. The first level unfinished room with pond view could be and in law apartment or master suite.
The Barn is as old as the house and was formerly a stage coach stop for changing horses in the 1800”s.
Original house was expanded by creating a spacious, warm and cozy kitchen overlooking the Pattaconk Brook.
The setting of this wonderful home is spectacular. It combines the elements of privacy with the convenience to the village center. The 3 + acres are bounded by 400 ft on Jennings Pond and the Pattaconk Brook.
Archived in April, 2013
Comments & Feedback
All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. OldHouses.com is not responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless.