Historic 19th Century Fieldstone Farmhouse
Loving restored and maintained fieldstone farmhouse
Once in a lifetime opportunity to own an historic 19th century Chester County gray fieldstone farmhouse that has been lovingly restored, superbly maintained and authentically updated. Constructed in 1806 on land originally owned by William Penn, it reflects the simple architectural styling of the Quakers who built it. A 1981 addition designed by John Milner, local architect known for historic restorations, resulted in a new master suite and living room for a total of 3,126 sq. ft. of interior living space in this five bedroom, three bathroom residence. Seven fireplaces including one walk-in fireplace (five on main floor; two on second story). Original hardware, chestnut flooring, and a Chester County “welcome window” reflect the past; renovations reflect today’s sought after amenities. Remodeled kitchen features tiger maple cabinets, granite countertops and wood beamed ceiling. Central air conditioning, second floor laundry, 3 car detached garage (restored barn) with storage loft.
Covered Porch in back of house
Serene setting on 3.70 acres in the heart of Chadds Ford
Walk in Fireplace
Cozy family room
Fantastic kitchen with chestnut floors
Updated but has a nice authentic feel. Very inviting.
|Heated Sq. Ft.
Comments & Feedback
All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. OldHouses.com is not responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless.