From The Archives
1929 Mediterranean Revival
2004 Landmark Award Winner
Scroll down for more information
- Commercial Property
No Contact Information.
This listing is archived and is not for sale.
Contact information is not available for archived listings.
Local and Regional Links.
Survey and Research Report
This local Historic Landmark was built in 1929 and designed by the local architect William Peeps. It was the home of Ratcliffe Flowers until the late 1980s. The building is now incorporated into the Ratcliffe Condominium building in a mixed use project known as The Green. The building was moved across Tryon Street and stored while the Green/Ratcliffe structure was built. In 2002 the building was moved back across Tryon Street and installed within the structure fronting on Tryon Street within approximately 60 feet of its original location.
This project has been nominated for a Preservation Week award for the work that has been done since then renovating the actual structure and turning it into a restaurant. The restaurant design has modernized the interior of the Ratcliffe Flowers building to today’s fire safety and accessibility standards while restoring all of the significant elements and finishes of the original design. The exterior received a new coat of paint to refresh and protect the stucco exterior. The Ratcliffe Flowers sign was also repainted and remounted in its original position in front of the building.
Comments & Feedback
All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. OldHouses.com is not responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless.