OldHouses.com logo

Listing No. 27903

Prev Next # 24 of 50

of the list
Built in 1850 or before

Back to List

New Search

For Sale

$320,000

c. 1826 Georgian Cottage

Masterson House NRHP

This significant NRHP home was built in 1826 by a veteran of the War of 1812. Robert Masterson and his wife Mariah were natives of Kentucky. They were lured to their home site by the big spring on the property that still flows today. They built a stone Georgian cottage out of limestone and brick.
According to the National Register nomination, Georgian stone cottages are rare in Missouri. This is an opportunity to own one of the finest restored historic homes in NE Missouri. Its fabulous curving staircase, exquisite mantels and woodwork were carefully restored. The original wide plank chestnut on the first floor and cherry on the second glow. Damaged kitchen floors were replaced with thick random width oak. The floors of the family parlor and the back hall off the kitchen were replaced with random plank fir. All the other floors are original. The first floor has random width chestnut in the front hall and two east facing room. The entire second floor boast the original random width plank cherry floors. The hard work of the owners and River City Restoration turned the home abandoned for fifty years, to the elegant comfortable showplace that would make Mariah and Robert Masterson proud.

Scroll down for more information

www.talleyclassicproperties.com

Bedrooms 3
Full Baths 1
Half Baths 1
Stories 1.5
Acres 3.0

Features.

  • 2nd Floor Laundry Room
  • Dining room
  • Entry Hall
  • Barn
  • Fenced Yard
  • Built-in Cabinets
  • Grand staircase
  • Central air

Like This Listing?

Agent Contact Information

CHECK OUT OUR WEBPAGE FOR MANY MORE PHOTOS AND DETAILS.

Jim Talley

Phone: 573 769-4307
Mobile: 573 248-9110
Fax: 573 769-4307

www.talleyclassicproperties.com

Tell 'em you saw it on OldHouses.com!

Equal Housing Opportunity logo

More About This House

Modern electricity, plumbing and HVAC were carefully added respecting the original building.

The beautiful three acres are fenced and landscaped with blooming trees and shrubs.
For fifty years the house sat neglected in a pasture. Because of its quality construction it could be saved. The current owners purchased the home from a farmer who pastured his herd of Black Angus cattle near the creek below the home site. In 1982 the owners with the skilled help of River City Restoration of Hannibal, known for its major restoration of Abe Lincoln's home in Springfield, IL, completed careful restoration work on the original floors, mantels, and doors and turned them back to jewels of the showplace that the Mastersons built.

The Masterson House is located in a beautiful rural setting between Hannibal and Palmyra, Missouri.

The large barn 48' X 50' floor space with three loft storage areas. A four car garage with an additional 40X40 concrete slab for parking is on the east side of the barn. The workshop has a built in commercial dust remover. It has both heat and AC. See plans.

Comments & Feedback

All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. OldHouses.com is not responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless.

Listing No. 27903

Prev Next # 24 of 50

of the list
Built in 1850 or before

Back to List

New Search

Like This Listing?

Agent Contact Information

CHECK OUT OUR WEBPAGE FOR MANY MORE PHOTOS AND DETAILS.

Jim Talley

Phone: 573 769-4307
Mobile: 573 248-9110
Fax: 573 769-4307

www.talleyclassicproperties.com

Tell 'em you saw it on OldHouses.com!

Equal Housing Opportunity logo

Your Feedback

Help & Support.

Return to Top
Pinterest
[X]