OldHouses.com logo

For Sale

$ 675,000

Listing No. 27184

1881 Italianate
Talbott, TN









The Tarr House was built in 1881 by James Archibald Tarr to celebrate the birth of his son Herd (Hurd) Lonas Tarr MD. The Tarr House (as it is locally called) is an Italianate 3800 square foot mansion located about 3 miles NW of Jefferson City. The structure consists of handmade brick from the Jefferson City brick yard. The walls are 14 inches thick. The home sets on a beautiful tract of land (approx. 15 acres) consisting of views of the Great Smoky Mountains and overlooking Jefferson City and the Old A.J. Highway (once the main roadway to Knoxville and directly across from the Fairview Mansion built in 1851). Of the four remaining original mansions along this route, the Tarr House still regally sets surrounded by an undeveloped 600 acres of land recently donated to the National Land Conservancy .; therefore, the Tarr House will retain its rural character into the future. This is why the mansion is in consideration for placement on the National Register of Historic Sites. Sitting on the porch one can be transported back to 1881 and the time when plantations were large and the owners well-to-do.
Bedrooms: 4
Full Bath(s): 3
Heated Sq. Ft.: 3,616
Stories: 2.0

Acres: 14.780

Agent Contact Information

Tammy Franklin

Phone: 865-484-0660
Mobile: 865-654-1110
Fax: 865-397-5554

www.franklinrealty.com

Tell 'em you saw it on OldHouses.com!

Equal Housing Opportunity logo

To view this listing go to:
www.oldhouses.com/27184

All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. OldHouses.com is not responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless.


©2017 Copley Internet Systems, Inc.