For Sale at Auction
c. 1770 Colonial
In Cooperation with Lender - c 1770 Farm - Sells Above $860K Bid
Scroll down for more information
|Heated Sq. Ft.||4,494|
|Unheated Sq. Ft.||1,302|
In Cooperation with Lender - c 1770 Allendale Farm with Multiple Homes/Barns in 3 Tracts - Sells with $860,000 Total Bid Plus Buyer's Premium
- 454+/- Acres Formerly Appraised for $2,541,600 and Last List Price of $1,750,000
- 122+/- Acre parcel with home * 221+/- Ac parcel with manor home, 2 large barns, outbuildings and ponds * 111+/- Ac parcel of farm land
- Centrally located one hour from Richmond, Lynchburg or Charlottesville
- Formerly a Black Angus Farm and Hay Production Operation - Two current farm leases
Back in 1777, at the birth of our nation, the Allen Family farm, "Allendale", spanned 4,000 acres across what is now Cumberland County, with a manor house where their 9 children were raised. Over the generations, pieces of the farm were deeded over to heirs.
Allendale Farm is now 4 contiguous tax parcels that will be sold in 3 tracts at on-site public auction, offered individually and in combinations as bidders choose.
Current Tax Parcels:
4 tax parcels: (listed in order by acreage, high to low, and numbered for easy reference)
- 083 A 5 297.4 acres c 1777 manor house built by Allen family, sheds, barns, smoke house – pasture, timber, pond, crop land. Manor house is 4,494 sq ft + 1,302 sq ft basement per appraisal. Finished basement with brick floor, 6 fireplaces with gas logs and 1 wood burning, loft area library with custom built bookcases
- 074-A-12 118.607 acres (former Holman property)– cedar sided house built 1992, covered corral area (currently houses steel cattle sorting equipment) pasture, woods, crop land
- 083-1-18 34.3 acres pasture (borders Guinea Creek) NO improvements on this parcel other than fencing and automatic waterers
- 074-A-21 2.932 acres triangular access parcel at Putney Rd, where stone entrance is located - crop land – only improvements are stone entrance wall, commercial gravel driveway and board fencing
Land is under Agricultural tax exemption – assessed at a flat $600/acre rate except 1 acre that each home sits on. Note: The auction terms require that Buyers maintain the land use for at least one year to avoid look back tax burden on Seller.
Three Auction Tracts - bid for one, any two, or the entirety - all three.
- Parcels 2 and 4 combined as a single tract +/-122 acres with frontage on Putney Rd and the 1992 house
- Part of Parcel 1, east of Allen Branch Creek this includes Manor House and ALL outbuildings approx. acreage +/-221 acres
- Part of Parcel 1, west of Allen Branch Creek and Parcel 3 (fencing, watering system, access roads only improvements) approx. acreage +/-111 acres
The creek forms a natural boundary and if tracts 2 and 3 are purchased by 2 different buyers, a shared driveway agreement will be drawn at closing and the cost of actual survey will be shared equally by the 2 buyers.
Current Income Streams
2 farmers have annual leases
+/-65 acres across parcels 1, 2 and 4 “Kenny” $4,000/yr
+/- 150 acres across parcels 1, 2 and 4 “Steve” $1,825/yr
See copies of leases in Property Information Package.
$305/yr is paid by Federal CREP program
The auction will take place on October 17 at 1:00pm, onsite. Download the complete Property Information Package available at www.tranzon.com/FX1882 for details, photos, surveys, leases, deeds, and more.
Tranzon Fox, VAAF423
Comments & Feedback
All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. OldHouses.com is not responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless.