OldHouses.com logo

From The Archives

Listing No. 27003

1898 Victorian: Queen Anne
Cashton, WI

Cremer House

Foyer

Second Floor Suite

Bedroom Overlooking Side Gardens

In 1897 John Cremer owner & proprietor of Cremer’s Department Store & Opera House, also known as Cremer’s Big Store wanted to build a home for his wife. Utilizing the local mill he hand-picked the oak and maple that adorn the house today. The house was finished by local craftsmen in the fall of 1898 for a cost of $1,500. The home remained in the family until November of 1918 when the home and surrounding property was purchased by the Catholic church for $6,000. The home became the rectory for the church and housed the parish priests of The Sacred Heart of Jesus for many years. In March of 1996 Colonel Carl Bargabos and his wife Barbara purchased the home and hired local contractors that lovingly restored the house and gave a new dress to a grand old lady. The Bargabos opened it as the Ages Past Country Bed & Breakfast in May of 1997 and operated it through 2014.

Features.

  • 1st Floor Bath
  • Basement
  • Dining room
  • Finished Basement
  • Foyer
  • Kitchen
  • Laundry Room
  • Living room
  • Study
  • Patio
  • Porch
  • Ceiling Fans
  • Grand staircase
  • High Ceilings
  • Natural gas fireplace
  • Skylight
  • Wheelchair accessible
  • Wood floors
  • Shingle Roof: Asphalt shingle
  • City sewer
  • City water supply
  • Gas heating
  • Butler's Pantry
  • Claw-foot Tub(s)
  • Stained Glass Windows
  • Steam Radiators
  • 4 Car Garage
  • Basement Apartment
  • Informal Dining Room

To view this listing go to:
www.oldhouses.com/27003

All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. OldHouses.com is not responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless.


©2017 Copley Internet Systems, Inc.