Poplar Grove Plantation
Spend a morning or an afternoon exploring one of the last remaining plantation complexes in North Carolina. Poplar Grove, formerly a sweet potato and peanut plantation, was in the Foy family for six generations, from 1795 to 1971. It opened to the public as a museum in 1980. The present Manor House is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and sustained through the continuing efforts of Poplar Grove Foundation, Inc., a 501(c)(3) non-profit Public Charity, dedicated to education, conservation, and preservation.
Comments & Feedback
All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. OldHouses.com is not responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless.