OldHouses.com logo

Listing No. 22778

Prev Next # 23 of 50

of the list
Cottages and Small House Styles

Back to List

New Search

From The Archives

1900 Workingmans Foursquare

Vidette community, in western Burke County
Louisville, Georgia

Georgian Cottage, original home of Vidette community

House exterior front
House exterior front
This house is a 1900 Georgian Cottage with an historic rear ell addition. A full width hipped roof porch with simple wooden support posts extends across the façade. Along the rear elevation of the house is an historic wraparound screened porch, accessed by either the rear hallway or the rooms located along the rear ell. Although the house originally featured paired brick chimneys, the chimneys have since been removed to below the roof line; however, the interior retains four historic fireplace surrounds with decorative molding. Other original interior finishes include pine floors and bead board walls. Wooden exterior clapboards, 12' ceilings, and double hung 6/6 windows further characterize the house.
Scroll down for more information
Image of interior room showing pine floors
Image of interior room showing pine floors
Image of interior room showing bead-board walls and fireplace
Image of interior room showing bead-board walls and fireplace
Rear ell screened porch
Rear ell screened porch
Bedrooms 3
Full Baths 1
Heated Sq. Ft. 2,379
Stories 1
Acres 0.4

Features.

  • Crawl Space
  • Foyer
  • Living room
  • Porch
  • Ceiling Fans
  • Fireplaces
  • Original wood windows
  • Wood floors
  • Central air
  • City water supply
  • Septic Tank
  • 12-foot Ceilings

No Contact Information.

This listing is archived and is not for sale.

Contact information is not available for archived listings.

Community Context & Property Information

The house is situated at the corner of Hwy. 24 and North College Ave. in the Vidette community, on one of the original routes of the Dixie Highway.

Vidette grew up as a railroad town at the beginning of the 20th century but had mostly seen its peak by the 1940s. The house was built by one of the original founders of the community, Mr. Seaborn Thompson.

The house was once used as a boarding house for teachers at the community school. It has been a single family dwelling for over 30 years.



Recent renovations include remodeling of the kitchen to include new wiring, plumbing, a new hot water heater and flooring. A full list of improvements to the house is available upon request.

Archived in August, 2015

Comments & Feedback

All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. OldHouses.com is not responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless.

Listing No. 22778

Prev Next # 23 of 50

of the list
Cottages and Small House Styles

Back to List

New Search

Your Feedback

Help & Support.

Return to Top
Pinterest
[X]