OldHouses.com logo

Listing No. 22740

Prev Next # 21 of 43

of the list
Log Homes

Back to List

New Search

From The Archives

c. 1769 Log Home

John Wormley House

Front view
Front view
Mature trees give this historic property a park-like, secluded feel.
Features restored logs, original woodwork, corner cupoard, two working fireplaces, and charm. Restoration work was completed with preservation and historic perspective in mind while adding modern convenience.
Scroll down for more information
Main Bath Vainity
Main Bath Vainity
Newly renovated bathroom with new cabinets and soapstone counter with tile backsplash; new tub with tile surround; and brushed nickel fixtures.
Large Living Room with Fireplace and  Built in Corner Cupboard
Large Living Room with Fireplace and Built in Corner Cupboard
One of the oldest corner cupboards west of the Susquehanna River with curved shelves in large living room. Working fireplace with Moravian tile hearth - plank flooring and chair rail
Renovated Kitchen
Renovated Kitchen
Remolded kitchen with new conveniences, new appliances, copper farm sink, granite counters, chef's pantry, tile backsplash, heart pine floor cut from old barn beams and knotty Alder wood cabinets.
Bedrooms 3
Full Baths 1
Half Baths 1
Heated Sq. Ft. 2,280
Unheated Sq. Ft. 1,200
Stories 2
Acres 0.8
Lot Size 210 x 160

Features.

  • 2nd Floor Laundry Room
  • Dining room
  • Walk out Basement
  • Walk-Up Attic
  • Rear Deck
  • Storm Windows
  • Built-in Cabinets
  • Fireplaces
  • Central air
  • City sewer
  • City water supply
  • Dishwasher
  • Heat pump
  • Range
  • Refrigerator
  • bath / tile surround
  • copper sinks
  • granite counters
  • heart pine flooring
  • Hot Tub
  • Moravian tile
  • new metal roof
  • original doors
  • powder room
  • soap stone vanity
  • Spring House

No Contact Information.

This listing is archived and is not for sale.

Contact information is not available for archived listings.

Historic Property

This property was originally on a 1200 acre section of Lowther Manor, as designated by the Penn family for use by the Indians. The treaty was revoked when the Penns decided the Indians were not "living on the land", so they surveyed and sold the property. The first survey was 1200 acres that reached from present day Camp Hill to the Susquehanna River. The Wormley family, early owners, operated a ferry across the Susquehanna. This house was in the Wormley family for many years, eventually being subdivided and sold into small farms and homesteads. The roadway for the bypass runs behind the property, but with the mature trees and plantings, the house retains a quiet park like setting. The privacy is maintained around the property.

The property has a spring and an additional structure used as a house in the past, now a possible workshop or little shop with full cemented basement.

Restored with many original features and updated kitchen, bath and powder room the house retains its historic feel with comfort and ease of living. New conveniences have been added like granite counter and tile with new appliances and fixtures.

Archived in January, 2016

Comments & Feedback

All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. OldHouses.com is not responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless.

Listing No. 22740

Prev Next # 21 of 43

of the list
Log Homes

Back to List

New Search

Your Feedback

Help & Support.

Return to Top
Pinterest
[X]