The original two room structure was built by Dr. Josiah H. Caldwell as a home for his wife and five children. In 1870 the house was purchased by Mr. and Mrs. Champe Carter McCulloch who enlarged it to its present size. Members of the McCulloch family lived in the house until 1971. Along with many family heirlooms are fine examples of early Texas artists as well as a large painting of Ann Pamela Cunningham, who is frequently credited as the person responsible for the restoration of Mount Vernon.
One of four Historic Waco Foundation historic homes. Jan-June Sundays 2-5. July-Dec Saturdays 2-5. Additional weekday hours Jan-Mar Tue-Fri 11am-3pm.
Comments & Feedback
All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. OldHouses.com is not responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless.