From The Archives
c. 1871 Log Home
The Richard Craft House & Guest House
Scroll down for more information
|Heated Sq. Ft.||2,800|
- 1st Floor Bath
- 1st Floor Bedroom
- Crawl Space
- Dining room
- Finished Basement
- Laundry Room
- Living room
- Master bedroom upstairs
- Circular driveway
- Guest House
- Pool - In Ground
- Rear Deck
- Storage Building
- Ceiling Fans
- Ceramic Tile
- Gas Logs
- Walk-In Closets
- Wood floors
- City water supply
- Gas heating
- Oil Heating
- Water Heater - Electric
- Claw-foot Tub(s)
- Wrap Around Porch
- 4 car carport
- 671 sqft Guest House
- 800 sqft In-law Suite
- Accent Lighting
- Brick circular drive
- Extensive Decking
- Large Workshop
No Contact Information.
This listing is archived and is not for sale.
Contact information is not available for archived listings.
The Richard Craft House ca. 1871
Mr. Craft was an early citizen of the Lewisville area and operated a grist mill, which stood on the creek below the house.
This beautiful home was updated, restored and made into a mini estate, which includes a Log Guest House built in 1990, an in-ground swimming pool, a spacious In-Law Suite and other tasteful improvements. The property has unlimited utility and could easily be made into a Bed & Breakfast.
MAIN HOUSE (Main & Upper Level)
* Log walls and walnut paneling, pine and oak peg floors, 6 fireplaces, pine ceiling beams, and much original hardware (door latches, etc.) grace the Main House. Many of the wood surfaces are from trees cut on the property.
* A full bath can be found on both levels of the main house.
* The modern kitchen has a "walk-in" sized fireplace that makes a perfect spot for the commercial sized range/oven.
* A second, smaller fireplace in the kitchen is equipped with gas logs.
* A glass enclosed sunroom with solid brick floors has concealed access to the old root cellar.
* Two guest bedrooms on the main level, with one being used as an office.
* A large cedar closet can also be found on the main level.
* The daylight basement features a fully equipped In-Law suite with separate entrance. It has 1 bedroom, a full bath, a full kitchen, fireplace, it's own patio with access to the Hot Tub.
* The kitchen area was once part of a bomb shelter and has a built-in wall safe.
* Built in 1990, this handsome log house compliments the main house, but its wooded setting affords privacy.
* Modern kitchen and bathroom, as well as a loft bedroom.
* A wrap around deck with Hot Tub and a full basement with laundry facilities.
* In-ground swimming pool with diving board, rock waterfall, new decking and cabana make this the place to be on hot summer days.
* 20x20 Log workshop.
* The old original smokehouse has been converted to a storage building (10x12). It's 5' front porch adds even more charm.
Archived in July, 2012
Comments & Feedback
All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. OldHouses.com is not responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless.